Extreme Production: The Book
You're procrastinating. You're reading this. There's something else you should be doing.
I used to do it too.
This used to be me:
Another task app that just might solve my procrastination this time. Wait, maybe its another productivity methodology that I need to learn before I can finally start making something. Actually, maybe I'll just watch another YouTube video about how they managed to beat procrastination.
Then I realised something.
To get more things done, I needed to do things more regularly.
So I did.
I've spent the last 13 years making more stuff than anybody else I know.
It all started with Extreme Production challenges.
- I designed a poster a day for 365 days. I improved my skills, became a better designer, built an online following and put on an exhibition of my posters.
- I took a photo a day for 365 days. I found 20 other people to do it with me, and built a social experiment around people doing stuff more regularly.
- I designed a 12" record sleeve every day for 365 days. I failed this one at day 142. I'll tell you more about that in the book.
- I learned how to make a podcast by making one every day for 365 days. On day one, I didn't even know how to make a podcast and had never previously recorded my voice. On day 365, I'd created 3 shows and had learned how to record, produce, market and make a podcast.
All this lead me to refine a method I've called Extreme Production.
That was just the beginning. Those core challenges have lead to real benefits in my life:
- I got my first professional design job after only 6 months design training. I've now been running my own design agency for a decade.
- I'm growing my social following every day.
- I've created thousands of podcasts, thousands of design assets and hundreds of videos all providing social proof of what I can do.
The biggest thing about all this? I'm not superhuman. I have the same 24 hours that you do.
And I'm going to show you how to do it.
In 150 pages I'll teach you to:
- Finish projects by mastering consistency.
- Crush deadlines with the help of tiny daily actions.
- Market yourself properly by embracing your weirdness.
- Build focus through narrowing down your process.
- Make more stuff than anybody else you know.
- Finally go get your shit done.
- PDF, Mobi and ePub versions of the book.